This asset allows you to create dynamically generated backgrounds from sprites, with support for parallax effects and seamless wrapping at the room's borders. It can be used for many situations, not only space-themed projects. Implementation is quite easy and straightforward!
FREE VERSION: http://tinyurl.com/oe4kuz8
- Dynamically generated background composed of sprites, without popping in even for large sprites
- Layer-based approach, where maximum amount of sprites can be specified.
- Simple mode and advanced mode, where the latter allows full tweaking per layer
- Seamless wrapping at the room's border, you won't notice a thing
- Support for parallax effect
- Tons of randomization options (size, color, angle, image index, alpha) and examples
- Extended support for sprite animations (jitter effect, asynchronous animations)
- Some basic artwork and examples with them included
- Weight system for the layers (advanced mode)
- Per-layer blend mode and interpolation toggles
- Zooming support with toggles for sprite scaling along or not (advanced mode)
- Much more!
How to use:
- Buy the asset
- In GM:S, go to the Marketplace Beta roll-down menu and select "My Library".
- Click the "Add to Project" button next to my asset and add at least the fonts, sprites 'DBobject' and the init room (which must be at the top of your room list!!!).
- Make sure that the DBobject's depth is in line with the depth of your own background setup if you have any.
- In the init room, specify global.roomborder (0 for no seamless wrapping).
- Just put the DBobject in the room and tweak it by copying its entire creation code and pasting it in the creation code of its instance in the room. Follow commented instructions in the creation code.
- Video: http://tinyurl.com/o3nmkbf
- E-Mail me if you run into issues, I'll help!
End User Licence Agreement (EULA).
Age Rating: 4+
GMS1 - Version 1.1.1. Published March 26, 2015
- Fixed/Overhauled simple mode parallax effect and added invert toggle (so layers at the back move faster instead of slower).
- Added a toggle to use the room's background color or the background color as specified in the config.
- Fixed presets to accomodate for the changes.
- Updated demo.
- Included change logs and version relevant information with the "Additional Information.txt" file that comes along with this.
Please ensure that you copy over your presets to the new configuration files, I am looking into ways to make this more convenient but for now I haven't found a good way yet.
Loading, please wait
What is the issue?
Loading, please wait